Hi my beauties! Today I wanted to take some time to talk about my engagement photo shoot makeup look. Why I decided to go with a “no makeup- makeup” look and the products I used.
Our Story (briefly):
I’ve known my fiancé since freshman year in high school, and during our high school years we were best friends (nothing more). He was always funny and witty and the sweetest. We lost touch after high school for a few years, and then reconnected through a mutual HS friend. Well, fast forward 2 and a half years later, now we are planning our wedding! We couldn’t be happier, and through the ups and downs he is always my best friend first.
We met at 58th and 5th with Rowell Perez, who is an amazing photographer. Then we moved onward towards Central Park for the pics. I decided that for the shoot, I wanted a natural look. I wanted to look fresh faced with a bit of a glow, and lastly, I didn’t want my makeup to overpower our moment. I know most people who know me would have thought otherwise, but there is a reason even Kim Kardashian West loves the “natural” look– it goes with every occasion and it’s super classy.
For my “fresh faced- no makeup-makeup look” I used the following:
- Foundation: Giorgio Armani Power Fabric Longwear High Coverage Foundation in the shade 6.5. Blended in with a beauty blender.
- Concealer: Tarte Shape Tape concealer in light medium. This has sooo much coverage, a little goes a long way.
- To set my face I used Charlotte Tilbury Air Brush Flawless Finish powder, in medium and to bake my pesky under eye area, and smile line area I used the RCMA No Color Powder.
- To contour, I used the KKW Beauty Medium Powder Contour Kit, I also used the highlighter as well as a base for highlighting.
- For blush I used the Tarte blush for the birthday gift set given at Sephora this year. It is such a pretty pink I wish Tarte would sell it!
- On my brow lid I very lightly dusted on the middle three colors from Morphe’s Copper Spice Palette to add a little definition to the lid.
- To highlight I used my girl RiRi’s Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter in Chic Freak. I also used this under my brow bone and cupids bow.
- I used my ABH Brow Wiz in Ebony and her Brow Gel, for my brows.
- For my lashes, I used the wonderful Voluminous Lash Paradise mascara from L’Oreal– this stuff is miraculous.
- On my lips I used the BareMinerals GEN NUDE Buttercream Lipgloss in the shade Totally, which is a nice, creamy, nude gloss.
- And lastly, to set everything together, I used the Milani Make it Last setting spray. I like to use my damp beauty sponge to push the spray into my skin (learned that one from Laura Lee ♥)
Now see, already a lot of product goes into play for this look, but the end result is very fresh, clean, and soft. I think it translates well with these photos, and again, doesn’t take away from the moment. In my personal opinion, the pictures should reflect the love and happiness of the couple and shouldn’t be overshadowed by the makeup, but that’s how I prefer it, there truly is no right or wrong way!
I hope you enjoyed this post belle’s until next post! ♦♥♦
Thank you Rowell for the pics! My dress is from Banana Republic– no longer being sold (boo). Watch is Marc Jacobs. Jacket is from Zara.