Hello my beauties! Today I want to talk about the steps I take to protect my hair from my flat iron! It is key to protect your hair from any heat you give it as it can lead to split ends. Keep reading to learn more!
One of things I love to do is give myself a hair mask treatment once a week. This helps restore moisture and nourish my hair. My two favorite masks are listed below:
- Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask with Rare Prickly Pear Seed Oil- $71- This mask claims to have regenerative properties. It calms frizz, enhances shine, and restores pigment to color treated hair. I find that when I use it, my hair has more volume and it lasts longer looking great. The scent was a bit strong but once you get past it you’ll love the product.
- Luseta Beauty Argan Oil Hair Mask- $15- This mask claims to revitalize weak, damaged hair. I have to say that, for me it definitely revitalized my hair. It is insanely nourishing and leaves my hair feeling super soft. For the price, it is definitely amazing.
Aside from a good hair mask I love using hair oils and a heat protectant spray. These steps definitely add shine, nourishment and protect my hair from breakage. See my ride or dies below:
- Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil- $22 for .85 oz or $40 for 3.4 oz- I have the smaller one, but this is because I have a ton of hair oils. I apply this when I leave my hair curly and when I straighten it. When I straighten it I apply it to my damp hair. It is super light weight, and doesn’t leave my hair feeling heavy.
- Phyto Phytolisse Ultra Glossing Finishing Serum- $30- I use this one once my hair is straight and has had a chance to cool off. I add a tiny little drop for some shine and gloss. It’s also really lightweight and it doesn’t leave your hair feeling greasy.
- Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray- $5.49- I love this spray so much! After I use my oils on my damp hair I spray this all over. It smells amazing and I really do believe it adds great protection to my hair. My stylist compliments my ends every time I go see her.
- Hask Keratin Oil Smoothing Shine Vial- $2.99- I use this very sparsely; I apply it on damp hair before detangling. I feel that this can be very thick but it adds so much shine to my hair, plus keratin is great for your hair. I use a little more when I leave it curly.
Along with this I make sure to use nourishing shampoos and conditioner (when I am not using a hair mask). For details on my favorite shampoo and conditioner duo here! 🙂
My beauties that is all for now! Until next post 🙂 ♦♦
Disclaimer: Please note that I have naturally curly hair and it tends to get dry.